The Governing Body is responsible for the strategic direction of the Academy. Its role is to set the overall direction for the Academy, to monitor and evaluate its overall performance and determine key policies.
They will ensure that the Academy’s self-evaluation works effectively to determine key priorities, while ensuring that the Academy’s values are fully represented in long-term, medium-term and short-term planning.
The governing body will have a clear focus on:
- Raising standards, including for vulnerable groups of pupils.
- The curriculum, teaching and learning.
- Staffing, recruitment and pay.
- The Academy’s finances and assets.
- Safeguarding, health and safety.
- Pupils’ behaviour, welfare and personal development.
- Relationships with parents, the Diocese and the wider community.
- Beacon Academy Governing Body Contact Details 2019-20
- Governor attendance 2018-19
- Governor Declarations of Interest Sept 2019
- Meetings 2019-20
The Chair of Governors, George Krawiec can be contacted via the Academy or via the Cluster Co-ordinator, Mrs Kate Storr
Tel. 07375 391840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in becoming a Governor at Beacon Academy, please contact Kate Storr, tel 07375 391840 or email@example.com